In the Fall of 2021, our sermon series is Relationships by God’s Design. It’s a series about human sexuality, but as you’ll find out, it’s about so much more than that.
On the opening weekend of that series (Sept. 19), I distributed a video explaining some of the goals for this series. Here are some of the goals I highlighted:
- To equip people — there are lots of great resources out there to help you navigate this
- To grow our clarity about God’s design for relationships and sexuality
- To treat the topic in a holistic way that does not unduly draw attention to homosexuality
- To grow our capacity to live into the fruits of the Spirit, even around hard topics
- To grow our capacity for hard conversations, in general
- To discern a pastoral approach to all these things
In this blog post—the inaugural post for what will hopefully be an active blog site—I want to highlight that first goal, because it’s right here in this blog that I want to provide many of those resources. I want to use this blog to create:
- sermon synopses with questions for further reflection and links to additional resources
- introduction to terms, resources (books & articles & podcasts), and important voices
- videos like the one included below
- conversations with other people around church
- added theological tidbits
It is my hope that these additional resources will not only help round out what can’t be covered in a sermon, but will also empower people to understand the church’s perspective and do their own thinking.
I hope you will follow along on the blog.
In the meantime, here’s another link to that video from opening weekend: